Last updated 6/20/2023
This privacy notice for The Actuarial Nexus (we, us, or our) describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share your information when you use our services.
You may choose to provide sensitive information when creating a public profile with The Actuarial Nexus. Examples may include education background, exam progress, actuarial credentials, place of work, or job title. By using our site, you agree that this information can be shown to other users of our site with your consent. At any time, you may choose to remove this information from your profile, at which point the data will also be removed from our databases. We do not store or share sensitive information without your consent.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Information from Minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using our site, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent's use of our site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 13, please contact us.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice or by directly sending you a notification.